Paying into Social Security
Paying into your U.S social security
- Work as an employee in an American firm operating in the U.S. or Israel: If you work for an American company you can pay into the system through your employer. You must arrange for this through your employer, and provide the required information, including your social security number.
- Self-employed in Israel:. A U.S. citizen who is self-employed working in Israel, earning more than 400$ annually (after expenses), is obligated by law to pay Social Security, referred to in the tax returns as Self-Employment Tax , using the Self-Employment Tax SE – form
- Invest in the U.S. real estate market: If you own property through an LLC that you are the sole owner of (in certain cases your spouse may also be listed as an owner of the LLC), the profits from the property are reported as income from self employment and are taxed as such. However, this is only the case if you are the sole owner of the LLC; should you share ownership, you do not pay the self-employment tax.
Please Pay attention to two additional important facts:
- If you are not an American citizen and do not have a green card you cannot pay into or receive social security in the U.S.
- The U.S. government will not refund your payments if you only pay part of the forty quarters and are not eligible for social security payments.
Need professional tax advice?
Leave details and we will get back to you soon
Required forms for tax filing
Tax return filing requirements
Do you have a tax liability?
Contributing to the Community
Us, at VirtueTax believe that beyond excellence in providing professional services toour clients, we must assist and support those in Israeli society whose fate has not improved.Our vision includes business entities and social entities joining hands together and having a shared sense of drive to promote all aspects of Israeli society. Therefore, we have a deep commitment to both Israelis in need and to voluntary bodies focused on helping them. As part of this mission, the company purchases and delivers essential products to those in need in cooperation with organizations such as the “Association for a Turnaround in Education”. Our additional area of activity focuses on transferring funds as donations to animal shelters such as “Jerusalem loves animals” and “Mateh Yehuda loves animals”. We believe that our active involvement in Israeli society, provides not only an important service to the community, but also improves our professional teams.