Working with an Investment Manager
Firstly, as a non-private investor, you should choose a financial institution that will manage your investments for you. This decision is critical and can have a great affect on the profit margin from your investment.
Below is a list of parameters that should be taken into account before choosing a financial institution:
- Price: Potentially the most important factor when choosing a financial institution. What is the fee for managing your account? Does the company collect additional fees for profits above a certain index? Are there special fees for specific stocks or financial instruments such as options? Are there any hidden fees, such as an account maintenance fee?
- Accompanying services: Does the company provide you with a personal account with real-time account information? Does the institution provide any additional information that may be helpful as an investor?
- Customer Service: Do you have the ability to speak directly to the person in charge of your account? Which options for investing are you able to take advantage of? Does your account manager help you choose the right investment option?
- Historical returns: Every investor hopes to receive the maximum returns on his/her investment. Generally, the exceptional firms experience time periods where their returns are higher, but no company can exclusively claim success over a lengthy period of time.
- Transparency: Investigate whether the firm invests in financial instruments in which they may have other competing interests, or whether the firm invests in the financial instruments that will provide you with the greatest yield. Which channels does the institution invest in and how does that impact your investment?
- Reputation: Even though reputation alone cannot guarantee future returns, a company which has existed for a number of years and has built a fine reputation can be trusted to make the proper decisions for its clients.
- Availability of alternative pathways: You may be interested in different investment options with either higher or lower levels of risk. Does the investment company offer you the right options for your personal needs?
We have attached a number of websites that rate the best investment houses in the U.S. based on different parameters, with an emphasis on achievable returns. Most of the names are recognizable to the Israeli investor.
Should you choose to invest through a company that is not on the attached list, we recommend that you check that the company is properly licensed to provide a trading platform by clicking here.
Opening an account
Even though registration for most investment companies can be done online by filling out a form with your personal details and sending signed forms via fax or email to the company, we advise calling the company directly to check all of the aforementioned parameters.
Need professional tax advice?
Leave details and we will get back to you soon
Opening a U.S account
Working with an Investment Manager
Tips and advice before buying properety
Tips and advice before buying property
Contributing to the Community
Us, at VirtueTax believe that beyond excellence in providing professional services toour clients, we must assist and support those in Israeli society whose fate has not improved.Our vision includes business entities and social entities joining hands together and having a shared sense of drive to promote all aspects of Israeli society. Therefore, we have a deep commitment to both Israelis in need and to voluntary bodies focused on helping them. As part of this mission, the company purchases and delivers essential products to those in need in cooperation with organizations such as the “Association for a Turnaround in Education”. Our additional area of activity focuses on transferring funds as donations to animal shelters such as “Jerusalem loves animals” and “Mateh Yehuda loves animals”. We believe that our active involvement in Israeli society, provides not only an important service to the community, but also improves our professional teams.